NWHL – Brooklyn office
The National Women’s Hockey League is looking for an ambitious, talented and self-starting individual to oversee all content platforms and join our executive team during this exciting period of growth for women’s hockey and our league. The person in this entry-level position will play an essential role in telling the stories of our athletes and league, and in working with our partners on effective campaigns to market the sport.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, strong writer and designer, creative thinker and clear communicator. The NWHL Content Manager can expect to be very busy during the league’s season, which runs from October until March, and to be counted on to spend the important offseason as part of our team building the league.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content, creating monthly schedule of releases and planning and executing a strategy, and managing the distribution of content across all channels – including NWHL website and social media platforms
- Produce video clips and write insightful features and exciting game preview and recap articles, along with managing freelance writers and producers
- Continue to develop and expand the league’s following on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with creative posts, bringing the NWHL and its fans even closer together
- Supervise league photographers and manage photo archives
- Support the NWHL sales team by creating innovative deck presentations and up-to-date material
- Brainstorm and collaborate with NWHL colleagues for new ideas and content strategies
- Monitor and analyze social media and website metrics, adapting accordingly, and stay updated on industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience in content creation
- Knowledge of the NWHL and women’s hockey a plus
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org