December 22, 2017 – The National Women’s Hockey League today released the list of the top ten players in apparel sales during the calendar year 2017 on NWHL.zone/Shop (powered by The Loyalist).
NWHL players receive 15 percent of sales from official jerseys and t-shirts with their names on them.
Top Ten Players in Apparel Sales: Jan. 1 – Dec. 22, 2017
1. Harrison Browne: Metropolitan Riveters, Buffalo Beauts all-star forward and recipient of the 2016-17 Fans’ Three Stars Award
Browne: “I want to thank everyone for the support. It really does mean the world to me. When I made the decision to come put publicly as transgender last season, I honestly was not sure what the reception would be. But you have shown me nothing but love and support. Seeing my jerseys in the stands is so humbling. I try to do everything in my power to make you all proud to wear number 24.”
2. Amanda Kessel: 2016-17 New York Riveters all-star forward, member of the 2018 U.S. Olympic Team
3. Hilary Knight: 2016-17 Boston Pride forward, member of the 2018 U.S. Olympic Team
4. Keira Goin: Connecticut Whale rookie goaltender
Goin: "I am so grateful for the support given to me and the league by my family, friends and fans. It is a true testament of the dedication shown by supporters and the widespread belief that this league is capable of tremendous things. This is just the beginning of something great and can only be accomplished if we continue to #supportwomenssports!"
5. Rebecca Russo: Riveters all-star forward and recipient of the 2016-17 Fans’ Three Stars Award
Russo: “It’s a great honor to play in the NWHL and have the fans support me and the league by buying my apparel. I work hard each and every week to not disappoint fans who purchase a Russo jersey. It’s a great and humbling feeling.”
6. Anya Battaglino: Connecticut Whale defender/forward, NWHLPA director and recipient of the 2016-17 Fans’ Three Stars Award
Battaglino: “There is no better feeling than connecting and meeting our fans! People have no idea how excited I get when I see someone in the stands with my jersey. I feel like a little kid meeting their hero! I genuinely love connecting through social media, and getting to hang out with my fanmily.”
7. Ashley Johnston: Riveters captain and all-star defender
8. Denna Laing: Boston Pride forward and the Pride of the NWHL
9. Jordan Ott: Buffalo Beauts rookie forward
Ott: “I can’t thank my family, friends, and fans enough for the incredible support I have been shown this season. This entire season has been a once in a lifetime experience that has made me extremely grateful for all of the opportunities I have been afforded throughout my athletic career.”
10. Kelly Babstock: Connecticut Whale all-star forward
“I am super excited to represent women’s professional hockey. I never thought i would sell my own apparel. Thank you so much for the support to all my fans! And to my little fans, keep working hard and one day this will be you selling shirseys”!