NWHL Draft Picks to Be Announced by Athletes, Top Executives, and Broadcasters Across Sports
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE APRIL 28, 2020
BROOKLYN – The NWHL revealed today that players picked tonight and tomorrow in the 2020 NWHL Draft will see their selections announced by executives, athletes, broadcasters and other leaders across a range of sports and professional leagues. Among the participants:
- WNBA players including Natalie Achonwa (Indiana Fever, Canadian National Team), Rachel Banham (Minnesota Lynx), and Jasmine Thomas (Connecticut Sun)
- Jessica Berman: Deputy Commissioner and EVP of Business Affairs, National Lacrosse League
- Meghan Chayka: co-founder of Stathletes
- Rachel Jacobson: President, Drone Racing League
- Katie Million: Director of Women’s National Team Programs, USA Hockey
- Roxanne Modafferi: UFC, ranked No. 5 in flyweight division and two-time contestant in “The Ultimate Warrior”
- Florence Schelling: General Manager, SC Bern (first woman in men’s professional league history), and former Olympic goaltender for Team Switzerland
- Broadcasters including Kenny Albert (NHL and Olympic hockey on NBC); Erica Ayala (NWHL, The Athletic); John Buccigross (ESPN); and Kelly Schultz (NWHL).
- NWSL and NHL players, additional top executives, and many other special surprise contributors.
The 2020 NWHL Draft will be unveiled live @NWHL on Twitter tonight (opening two rounds) and on April 29 (final three rounds) beginning each night at 7 p.m. ET. The event will be kicked off with an opening message from NWHL Deputy Commissioner Michelle Picard and a dedication of the event from NWHLPA Executive Director Anya Packer.